How to Prepare Your Artwork for Custom Presentation Folders
To avoid any order delays, please read through this artwork requirement guide before placing your order. Note that web images are not satisfactory for print or foil stamping, as the size will be too small.
- Save vector graphics as an AI, PDF, or EPS file
- Multiple spot-color art should be saved ONLY as a vector graphic
- All text must be converted to outlines
- Pictures should be a minimum resolution of 300 dpi
- Placed images and line art must have a resolution of 600–1200 dpi
- Save layered files as PSD or Photoshop PDF. DO NOT flatten
- Must be a minimum of 300 dpi
- Convert photos to CMYK/Grayscale, NOT RGB
- For best resolution. black and white images and line art must be 600–1200 dpi
- Save halftone photos as TIFF, EPS, or JPG
- Save with editing capabilities
- All color TIFF images must be a minimum of 300 dpi and converted to CMYK
- Embed or outline all fonts
- For best results, export as an Illustrator file
- Save vector graphics as an EPS file
- Pictures must be a minimum of 300 dpi
Uploading Logos for Foil Imprinting
Your folder will look best if you submit a black and white logo with clean lines. Be sure to remove any gradients, drop shadows, or very fine lines, as fine lines may not imprint correctly. If you cannot supply us with satisfactory art, we may be able to assist you. See the examples below.
✘ While good for print, there is no definition in the logo as to what will be foil stamped and what will be left as negative space.
✔ The black portions of this logo are what will be stamped. There are no fine lines in the artwork, so no detail will be lost when foil stamped.
Download Pocket Folder Templates
Download a free pocket folder template to place your artwork exactly where you want it. Available for any of our mini, standard, or legal folders, plus our mini padfolio, document pouches, and jotters. We provide a free PDF proof of your folders (upon request) before they go into production. Here are some tips for using our templates:
- Add bleed: If your folder will have any bleed (ie, the artwork goes to the edge of the folder), make sure you extend the design past the folder's edge by ⅛".
- Leave the layers: Please leave your finalized artwork in a separate layer than the die line (don't flatten).
- Outline your fonts: While we have a large collection of fonts, we might not have the exact one you are using. Please outline all fonts or send us the font files.
Important Design Note: We will print your artwork exactly as you place it on the template. To avoid any printing discrepancies, please request a PDF proof when placing your order. As all of our folders are custom made, we highly recommend taking advantage of our free proofing services.
Please contact us if you have any design questions prior to ordering.
Ready to get started?
Or call us at (800) 346-3063
Order minimums start at just 150 folders—all with no set-up charges.
Instant Pricing Online
No waiting for a quote. We show you exactly what you'll pay.
Free Email Proofs
See what your folders will look like before we start making them.
Free Ground Shipping
Your shipping is on us! Offer applies to orders over $300. Excludes Hawaii and Alaska.